Skip to main content

tv   The Kelly File  FOX News  January 18, 2016 6:00pm-7:01pm PST

6:00 pm
tonight. i am bill o'reilly. please always remember, the spin stops here, because we're definitely looking out for you. breaking tonight for the very first time, you're about to hear exclusive new insight into a devastating terror attack from the american heroes who lived to tell about it. it comes as a blockbuster movie about their story is released that could change everything you thought you knew about benghazi. and directly impact the 2016 race for the white house. welcome to "the kelly file," everyone. this past weekend paramount pictures released "13 hours." it tells the account of the men who risked everything to save their fellow americans from terrorists. 11 years to the day after 9/11. and it happened in the shadow of
6:01 pm
the 2012 presidential election. when it was all over, four americans had lost their lives. but if not for the men who say they defied direct orders to stand down and not help, even more could have died. here is an exclusive clip new from the just released film. >> how many? ♪ [ gunfire ] >> hello, hello! >> it's going to be a peaceful night. ♪ >> we need more information than that. >> how many? >> 20 to 40 attackers, separated in several areas. ♪ >> listen up.
6:02 pm
none of you have to go. we are the only hope they have. two vehicles ready, let's go, move, move. >> tonight, you will hear directly from three of the real-life american heroes who say this story is not about politics, it's about the truth of what really happened on the ground in benghazi, libya. it's about a band of brothers willing to die so that their fellow americans light live. our exclusive sitdown with them is moments away. but we begin with trace gallagher reporting from los angeles on what those seeing the film now are saying about this extraordinary picture. >> the film is based on the best selling book "13 hours, the inside account on what really happened in benghazi," co-written by security contractors, who on 9/11, 2012, were in when gaza at the cia
6:03 pm
station called the annex. in the controversial book and movie, the team says they were told to stand down three different times on the night of the attack. an order that they blame for the death of all four americans killed that night. >> i can't do that. >> call it the power of the motion picture, but experts say in the next few weeks the public will learn more about benghazi from this movie than they have in the past three plus years of congressional hearings. and news reporting. anything from the movie surprise you, did you learn any new details watch thing? >> i had no idea that so much took place at the annex, and what they had to fend off there was just incredible. >> it didn't look like where
6:04 pm
they were was very safe, and they should have had more support. >> my stomach is still churning to see what our men and women go through it. >> as you watched the movie, did you think there could be political ramifications, that this could affect hillary clint clinton? >> absolutely, because she was the secretary of state. she should have been on the phone. there should have been some communication with them. >> i think there's a lot of answering to be done. >> this coming back after it has been pretty much swept under the rug. it's going to have a major impact on the election and on her future as a politician. >> it certainly would impact my vote going forward. >> it's key to point out the team's station chief tells the washington post the standown order is fiction and the film is wrong. the cia calls the movie "shameful" and a "distortion to have events and people who served in benghazi that night." megyn? >> before we get to our
6:05 pm
exclusive interview, we want to give you a little more background on the men you're about to meet on what motivated them and then why they decided to tell their story. take a look at this. >> my name is christian, and my call sign is tonto. i was with the 75th ranger regiment. >> i'm john, a former marine. did four years with the 3rd battalion, 7th marines. >> i'm mark geist, my call sign is oz. i was in the marine corps. >> everybody, this is jack. >> we got the db, former marine, jack, and roan, he was a s.e.a.l. it was a good crew. 13 hours just tells the minute by minute story of what happened that night, of what we all went through.
6:06 pm
>> we decided the story being told out there wasn't what happened that night. so we felt compelled that the story gets out there the right way. it's not about the politics. it's the story of what happened. >> grs stands for global response services. >> we are the security element for the central intelligence agency, and we just pro-feed protection if austere environments. >> we're coming in. ♪ >> is chris still inside? >> get down! [ explosion ] >> all of us were former military. special-ops guys from the marines, you're working with some of the top guys in their respective services. >> 13 hours is how long we were in the fight that night.
6:07 pm
>> the state guys, we just heard them on the radio say if you don't get over here we're going to die. we just said, we've got to go now. >> none of you have to go. but we are the only hope they have. >> americans help americans overseas, especially in areas where there wasn't any military support. >> we had to go, no matter what. damn the consequences. >> here we go. >> our director is michael bay. he's been very respectful to us, and he's taking it seriously and he's got us involved. >> michael has that vision of what he wants and he's doing it in a way so it's as accurate as possible. >> my teammates did so many amazing things, and it's the story of the battle, the story of a lot of sacrifice that went on. it showed that there's still guys out there willing to sacrifice their lives for others, to put others before
6:08 pm
themselves. >> very good. got it. beautiful. >> joining me now, three of the heroes who saved dozens of americans that night. mark geist, known as oz. chris paronto who does by tonto, and john tigen, also known as tig. how true to life is the film? >> example of when i walked out of the theater after i saw it, i felt drained. like it was a big hole inside me. it was because i really virtually went back to benghazi when i was watching it. and i missed it so much that i just -- it was a part of me that i relived on the screen and i realized i had been missing it. >> missed it? >> i do. >> the film depicts absolute hell. >> it's not. it's amazing being with your brothers and fighting -- being there and being with them and
6:09 pm
having a faith that you're going to defeat all the obstacles. yeah, i relive it. i usually don't get like this. it brought home a lot of the truths that we went through and a lot of the -- like i said, the brotherhood is the best wayky describe it. i miss it immensely. i sacrificed a lot to get to this point, and one of it is the job i really love. i would go back in a heart beat. >> the movie and the book takes the viewer and the reader through the story of benghazi. it starts off at the diplomatic outpost, the so-called consulate where ambassador chris stephens was, and the attack on that compound that was not caused by a video, where rpgs and mortars are set off and the ambassador dies due to smoke inhalation along with sean smith. these guys in the meantime are up at the cia annex, chomping at
6:10 pm
the bit saying send us, send us. you can hear the distress calls. you can hear the radio calls of the state department personnel saying, we're going to die, we're going to die, we're going to die. the cia station chief where you were at the time told you repeatedly, according to the movie, stand down. we saw that many the trailer. used the words "stand down." is that how you remember it? >> yeah. it was the chief of the base and our team leader standing on the front porch when he told me to stand down. >> ultimately the movie depicts you guys saying, we're going. and tyrone woods specifically saying and it's quoted in the movie saying to all of you, we -- it's up to you. but we're the only hope they have. >> stand down! >> if you do not get here soon, we are all going to die. >> none of you have to go.
6:11 pm
but we are the only help they have. >> did that really happen? >> that did happen, and the radio call from alec henderson coming across saying if you don't get here, we're all going to bleeping die, that's word for word. that's what spurned us. i know there's been conflicts about being the calls at 9:42. i still remember on my watch it being 9:32 when we were first called. but after 30 minutes, he says if you don't get here, we're all going to die. we bucked orders and left. >> you all have testified to this and the trailer we just watched captures it, too, with the writing on the screen. there was no support. if there's one theme that emerges, that is it, that they were left alone. there was no one to back you up. throughout the film, you see heroes assuming, understanding based on their experience that the american military will be
6:12 pm
there to back them up and support them. and help never came. i mean -- >> i mean, for us, for the military to come and support us, the agencies, we wouldn't have expected it. but the fact that they had a u.s. ambassador that had been missing for about five hours before officially he was considered dead and they didn't send anything or attempt to push anything that way is pretty crazy. i would never expect them to just leave the ambassador out there. >> what did you expect would come? what did you think would show up? who or what? up next, the answer to that question, and whether or not the men believe that those who died would be alive today if they had gotten the support they needed. we'll be back with that and more of the story behind those 13 hours in just moments. >> move over for inspection. >> sorry, sir, can't do that.
6:13 pm
what's up? you see the drone? no? because the drone sees you. it sees your face. we know who you are. anything happens to us, your home, your family, gone. give the order to let us go. are you ready to die for your country? i'm ready to go right here, right now. when heartburn hits fight back fast tums smoothies starts dissolving the instant it touches your tongue and neutralizes stomach acid at the source tum, tum, tum, tum smoothies! only from tums ♪ he has a sharp wit. a winning smile. and no chance of getting an athletic scholarship.
6:14 pm
and that is why you invest. the best returns aren't just measured in dollars. ♪ beth, i hear you calling.♪.s ♪ but i can't come home right now... ♪ ♪ me and the boys are playing.♪. ♪ ... all nig♪t text beth, what can i do... [siri:] message. pick up milk. oh, right. milk. introducing the newly redesigned passat. from volkswagen. that's why i run on quickbooks. details. i use the payments app to accept credit cards... ...and everything autosyncs. those sales prove my sustainable designs are better for the environment and my bottom line. that's how i own it. if you have high blood pressure many cold medicines may raise your blood pressure.
6:15 pm
that's why there's coricidin® hbp. it relieves cold symptoms without raising blood pressure. so look for powerful cold medicine with a heart. coricidin® hbp.
6:16 pm
i saihi, i'm andrew luck.... could anyone use some of my lucky beard for retirement? i could use some luck. make a wish. nice. thanks. your turn! no... thanks andrew. see,td ameritrade has everything i need for retirement. like rollover consultants for assistance and portfolio planning tools to help me manage my ira. so, i think i'm good. oh well. luck is in the air.
6:17 pm
um... td ameritrade. you got this. see any friendlies? >> let them come. let them come. >> report. >> really very similar qualities as mark. he has tremendous strength and is just a real guy's guy. >> lock this base down. you, you, let's go. come on. >> mark's been such a tremendous asset to me as an actor and given me so much information. specifics in terms of what happened on the night of the attack, but also just emotionally what he was going through. >> i start coming back after shooting. your adrenaline is running, you don't feel the pain, because you're just worried about making sure you take care of the business you've got to take care of. >> we're going to unleash hay on these guys. >> there's an emotional
6:18 pm
connection you get having looked in the guy's eyes and heard the accounts from them. so you take on the huge responsibility to make sure the story is done right. >> i'm on the roof. don't leave me. >> we have 36 american lives to save. >> that was a primetime exclusive clip from behind the movie "13 hours, the secret soldiers of benghazi." but as they discussed why they risked life and limb, they also discussed the assistance they expected from their government that never came. and why they think four americans paid the ultimate price. what did you think would come? what did you think would show up? who or what? >> the biggest thing we need is air support. >> just a flyover. >> how hard would that have been? >> not hard. people have seen the movie and read the book know that it
6:19 pm
wasn't difficult. >> all that was sent was an unmanned drone. so we had eyes on the situation and our president had been briefed on it at least six hours prior to the annex coming under severe attack and all we sent was an unmanned drone. >> and it wasn't helpful at all. >> it made good movie footage. >> when you see -- you know, for us it's a new story and thanks to paramount pictures it's been made into a dramatic, compelling, white knuckle experience. i tell the viewers don't plan on getting popcorn, don't plan on using the restroom, because you will not leave your seat for two hours. no one spoke a word. no one looked to the left or the right. your eyes are glued on that screen. so to the audience, that's how it is. but to you guys having lost tyrone and glenn, when you look
6:20 pm
back and you think about benghazi, what does it mean? why did they die, oz? >> they died serving their country, doing what we love to do. i mean, that's serving other people. that's kind of our whole makeup. it's just like why would you go -- why do we run to gunfire? because that's who we are. that's how we were made from the get-go. you know, there's a lot of great guys out there still doing this, both what we were doing in the military, that's just the way the makeup is. that's the core of what ty and glenn were. >> i want to go back, because one of the things that gets lost in the coverage of benghazi is the lost of our ambassador who was portrayed in the film as a good man, who had begged for security increases there, and was denied, was denied those security increases, and they had in fact been diminished leading
6:21 pm
up to september 11. that's another thing the investigators found, which is he had no idea being on benghazi on 9/11. the administration should not have allowed it, and if they sent him, they should have sent him with proper security. but he was skilled that night, and you went -- you went to the consulate the very facility which he was killed. you kept running in to try to get him, right? >> multiple times. >> and the smoke was too much. describe that moment when you knew he was in there and you didn't know whether he was dead. >> umm, you know, i was on my belly the last time i went in before we got counterassaulted on the consulate and you could only see maybe two feet in front of your face. it was just so thick and hot, it was like being in a brick oven. you're just sweating and coughing, because you can't hold
6:22 pm
your breath because your adrenaline is pumping and you've been running around for the last hour fighting your way on and searching and so it was pretty intense. >> you believe if you had been allowed to go when you first said send us and the radio calls came in from the consulate saying help us, do you believe there would have been any chance to save them sp >> they would be alive 100%. >> the congressional reports said there was no standown order. >> that's just silly. >> hillary clinton and barack obama others rely on those conclusions saying -- they've really been cleared because investigators concluded there was no standown order. >> it's funny, because everything we testified to they agreed with us 100% from eating a candy bar to shooting all our ammo, but for some reason they don't want to believe we were told to stand down. >> do you have a political
6:23 pm
motive? up next, the answer to that question. plus, you'll hear from the f families of those who died in benghazi and we'll bring you more of our behind the scenes clips of this powerful film. >> the grs stands for global response staff. these are individuals that all have special services backgrounds. >> base under attack. let's go, man. >> this was an extraordinary grs team. >> you have ex-navy s.e.a.l.s, marines and army ranger. >> tonto was one of a kind. he was ready for anything. he signs his e-mails rltw, rangers lead the way. ♪
6:24 pm
those who define sophistication stand out. those who dare to redefine it stand apart. the all-new lexus rx and rx hybrid. never has luxury been this expressive. this is the pursuit of perfection. i am totally blind. i lost my sight in afghanistan. if you're totally blind, you may also be struggling with non-24. calling 844-844-2424. or visit my24info.com. every insurance policy has a number. but not every insurance company understands the life behind it. for those who've served
6:25 pm
and the families who've supported them, we offer our best service in return. ♪ usaa. we know what it means to serve. get an insurance quote and see why 92% of our members plan to stay for life. ♪ iall across the state belthe economy is growing,day. with creative new business incentives, and the lowest taxes in decades, attracting the talent and companies of tomorrow. like in the hudson valley, with world class biotech. and on long island, where great universities are creating next generation technologies. let us help grow your company's tomorrow, today at business.ny.gov it takes a lot of work... but i really love it.s. i'm on the move all day long... and sometimes, i just don't eat the way i should.
6:26 pm
so i drink boost® to get the nutrition that i'm missing. boost complete nutritional drink has 26 essential vitamins and minerals, including calcium and vitamin d to support strong bones and 10 grams of protein to help maintain muscle. all with a great taste. i don't plan on slowing down any time soon. stay strong. stay active with boost®.
6:27 pm
live from america's news headquarters, i'm kelly wright. iraqi security forces searching a baghdad neighborhood where three americans were kidnapped over the weekend. the troops closing streets and conducting house-to-house searches. the americans were kidnapped from the home of their interpreter. it's not clear what they were doing in iraq. the u.s. slapping new economic sanctions on iran over
6:28 pm
recent missile tests. officials say the tests violated a united nations resolution. this is a setback after other sanctions were lifted last year following a land mark nuclear deal. glenn fry has died. he was suffering from multiple ailments. the eagles was formed in the '70s and became known for hits like "hotel california" and "take it easy." now back to "the kelly file." ♪ we're coming in. >> on the roof. >> we're under heavy fire. >> chief. are we expecting any friendlies?
6:29 pm
>> i am not aware of any friendlies. >> let them come. let them come. >> i haven't thought about my family once tonight. thinking about them now. up here in this middle of all this. i'm thinking about my girls, man. every time i go home to becky and those girls, i think, this is it. i'm going to stay. >> shoot that son of a bitch. >> unless something happthen so end up back here. >> they may be the most controversial questions to come out of the benghazi attacks.
6:30 pm
could american lives have been saved there? and why did the white house initially blame a video when it knew that this was a terrorist attack? those questions prompted multiple congressional investigations. investigations that contradict some of what these heroes have said. but these men not only maintain they could have saved lives that night, but add that the politics that others resorted to on this issue when they got home is exactly what prompted them to go public. do you have a political motive? >> no. >> the one that should have got the star is sitting right there because he saved tyrone by going in the building and he is the first one on the roof and put two tourniquets on dave and got a tourniquet on my arm and probably saved both of our lives. >> and had to see him naked once. >> they joke. when the audience sees what you
6:31 pm
went through and what happened to your arm, which was basically hanging off -- >> from about right here down. >> that was impressive. i remember seeing him try to get his gun up and his arm is hanging and he's still trying to shoot. i don't want to give a marine anymore kudos than they get, but i was impressed seeing that after the mortars hit. >> and when he went down to get help, it wasn't for himself. it was for the gentleman you just referenced who had also been hit. so oz walks in down below to where the cia agents are to say there's another guy, his arm is dangling. and he says, there's somebody who is hurt and needs help. and you refused to go on to that airplane that ultimately got you guys out of there on a gurney. tell them what you said. >> i walked into that country, i'm going to walk out. it's who i am.
6:32 pm
i'm not going to -- i don't know, i just felt compelled. i'm not going to let that -- i'm not going to lose. >> you're covered in blood. >> uh-huh. >> your arm would later require 13 surgeries just to save it. >> yep. >> and the looks on the flight attendant's faces, in the movie, they're shocked. >> it was actually -- i mean, i look back at it, it was kind of comical. as i'm walking up, there was -- the flight attendant's eyes were as big as saucers, her eyes were. and i'm pretty much buck naked, blood dripping, and she just disappears into the back of the aircraft and i thought she was going back to get something to help us. but when she comes back up, she's laying towels down because she's afraid i'm going to bleed on her boss' airplane. >> you come back, it was all about a video. that's how we kicked off the segment, that hillary clinton, according to the family members,
6:33 pm
looked at them, at dover air force base when the bodies came back and said we're going to get the guy that made that video. now when asked who's lying, you or the families, she says it's not me. of course, she's talking about glenn and tyrone's family, shawn's family. >> i know pat smith and katie quigley, we know ty's mom. we know what they told us was said. and i do know them very well. katie has been on news quite a bit telling what she was told. i know that they were told it was a video because that's what they told me. i believe pat, i believe katie, i believe them. who would have a reason to lie why? >> they have no reason to tell anything but the truth. the new fight over the truth of what happened that night is next. along with more of our exclusive reporting on the story behind the scenes.
6:34 pm
>> i hate to be a wet blanket, girls, but five dudes with m-4s is not enough. >> we had a lot of confidences about what his service the expe night. and the effect it had on him and the effect it still has today. >> if you do not get here soon, we're all going to die.
tv-commercial
6:35 pm
marco rubio. he ran for senate saying he opposed amnesty... then he flipped, and worked with liberal chuck schumer to co-author the path to citizenship bill. he threatened to vote against it. and then voted for it. he supported his own dream act and then he abandoned it. marco rubio. just another washington politician you can't trust. jeb bush. he's a leader, so you always know where he stands. right to rise usa is responsible for the content of this message. want bladder leak underwear that try always discreet underwear and move, groove, wiggle, giggle, swerve, curve.
6:36 pm
lift, shift, ride, glide, hit your stride. only always discreet underwear has soft dual leak guard barriers to help stop leaks where they happen most and a discreet fit that hugs your curves, you barely feel it. always discreet underwear so bladder leaks can feel like no big deal. because hey, pee happens. get your free pair and valuable coupons at always discreet.com
6:37 pm
being hacked and intellectual property being stolen. that is cyber-crime and it affects each and every one of us. microsoft created the digital crimes unit to fight cyber-crime. we use the microsoft cloud to visualize information so we can track down the criminals. when it comes to the cloud, trust and security are paramount. we're building what we learn back into the cloud to make people and organizations safer. i built my business with passion. but i keep it growing by making every dollar count.
6:38 pm
that's why i have the spark cash card from capital one. i earn unlimited 2% cash back on everything i buy for my studio. ♪ and that unlimited 2% cash back from spark means thousands of dollars each year going back into my business... that's huge for my bottom line. what's in your wallet? ♪ it's an awesome opportunity to actually have the real guys here. just talking to tig, it was cool because he was saying stuff that you only hear and learn by actually being there. >> dom was very committed to getting to know everything he could about tig. they had a fantastic bond.
6:39 pm
>> there's little things i tried to do to capture tig. learning how to move, learning how to do close quarters combat. hopefully i'm catching the essence of him. >> dominic has the same attitude of me. he asked how i felt when stuff was going on during that night. >> he's been invaluable, how he performed under pressure like that. i can't imagine. >> over here, these people are moving to try to get as close to the wall, just like something out of the apocalypse. >> are we expecting any friendlies. >> i'm not aware of any friendlies. >> we really owe it to these guys to get it right and to tell it in a way that shows just how extraordinary they were and what they did that night. >> the 13 hours that unfolded in libya more than three years ago has produced thousands of questions. a number of which are part of
6:40 pm
the ongoing investigation by the benghazi commission in washington. but leading democrats like to say the questions have all been answered and this story is over. in fact, after we ransom of tonight's exclusive interview two weeks ago, "the washington post" attacked fox news suggesting we were trying to promote the account of these men on the grounds that it matched our own reporting. unlike fox news, few media outlets are doing any reporting on the glaring dispute between some of the families of the dead and secretary hillary clinton. they say from the moment she first met them, next to the flag-draped coffins of their loved ones, she blamed this attack on a protest and a video, knowing that the video had nothing to do with this. she has now suggested that they are lying, not one of those relatives has wavered in their story, however. >> it shows me a lot about her character, that she would choose
6:41 pm
in that moment to basically perpetuate what she knew was untrue. >> hillary's a liar! i know what she told me. >> i wrote down, i gave hillary a hug and shook her head, and she said, "we are going to have the filmmaker arrested who was responsible for the death of your son." >> ed henry reports now from washington. ed? >> reporter: megyn, out here on the campaign trail in new hampshire, this cuts right to the heart of why hillary clinton is struggling on the question whether she's honest. within case of the benghazi attacks, she and president obama spoke with the families of the four families of those killed. in fact, charles woods, whose son ty was killed in benghazi, said he wrote down in his
6:42 pm
notebook very baverbatim. that's different from what clinton told her daughter chelsea and some diplomats what was behind these attacks and whether or not these were terror attacks and became a flashpoint back in october. watch. >> within 24 hours, you had a conversation with the egyptian prime minister. you told him this. we know the attack in libya had nothing to do with the film. it was a planned attack, not a protest. >> congressman, there was a lot of conflicting information that we were trying to make sense of. >> now the plot thickens. recently on two occasions, hillary clinton has suggested that the family members are simply not remembering exactly what happened at andrews air force base. >> did you tell them it was a film?
6:43 pm
>> no. i said clearly there had been a terrorist group that had taken responsibility. this was a fast-moving series of events. >> reporter: then she did an editorial meeting here in new hampshire. she said maybe some family members have simply forgotten or mixed it up because of the raw emotions. then she was pressed by a columnist for the newspaper who said, somebody is lying here, who is it? clinton said "not me." megyn? >> joining us now, fox news digital politics editor chris stirewalt and host of media buzz howie kurtz. so we did that interview with those three heroes and the feedback we received was extraordinary. they wanted to hear more and how they could help these guys. i've got news for you, eric
6:44 pm
wimple, you go through there and sit and you can't move and a tear comes to your eye and you tell me whether this is going to have no impact on the story of benghazi, which is relevant in this 2016 presidential campaign, chris. >> look, the power of this movie is not that it is fact finding. the power of this movie is not that it uncovers something that has not been uncovered before. as you say, it corroborates evidence that was in the book, on which it was based. it corroborates reporting that the team at fox news did and all of that stuff. the point of this is, the audience for this compared to say, i don't know, the audience for a mid-day congressional hearing. lots of people who are not obsessed with foreign policy, who are decent people and have real lives are going to see this
6:45 pm
movie and now they'll have a predicate for this discussion when it comes in to 2016. >> the fox news channel, i'm very proud of the reporting we've done on benghazi. i was on the air when catherine herridge broke the news that there were no protests outside that consulate and they pushed back on her and said she was wrong and she stuck by her reporting and she was right. i was on the air when fox news said that the white house had meddled in those talking points, which they denied, and ultimately we were proven right on that. so fox news has done some yoman's work in reporting on benghazi. but it's not about fox news, it's about the story that these guys are telling and to suggest that seeing it on the big screen in a picture like this, directed by michael bay, is going to have zero impact and is not worthy of any attention, entirely miss the dynamic at play. >> entirely misses the point.
6:46 pm
a dramatic movie like this, based on a book that this washington post columnist said was very good, has the pow tore bring to life the account of these men who were there and who are passionate about what went wrong. that's where it will have an impact, not because of some fox news segments. we can debate whether fox news has covered it too much. much of the media has decided this is old news and people no longer care and any new developments are incremental. that is one view. but i don't think this issue can possibly go away completely for hillary clinton in this campaign. >> we wouldn't have seen hillary clinton's e-mails to the egyptian prime minister, we wouldn't have seen her e-mails to her daughter which contradict the story she told the benghazi victims if it hadn't been for the pushing that the media has done in this issue, in particular fox news. but it's not about fox news, chris, it's about the families and the media's desperate desire to move on.
6:47 pm
take the issue between hillary and the families. did you see that blown up on the cover of all the magazines and newspapers, the fact that hillary suggested that the family members of the dead are lying and the family members have never wavered. as though three heroes just told me, who has reason to lie? charles woods wrote contem contemporaneous notes with hillary clinton. >> this is a concern for hillary clinton, which is this -- it is unthinkable to most americans that we would not try to at least rescue that doomed garrison. so then you compound it and you say, yes, and then the talking points got doctored, so it left a different impression in an election year. people say that's seems like you're dishonoring. then hillary clinton says, those poor people must be mistaken. they must have misremembered and
6:48 pm
it is an implicit argument that they're trying to hurt her politically. i promise you this, whomever the republican nominee is calls hillary clinton out on this and says, i'm here on behalf of those families and i want to say to you what they told me, which is they're no liars, that's going to be a powerful moment in this election. >> the story has been going on, and after a while perhaps people who watched television has a numbing effect. what this film does and the accounts of these heroic men is it brings in the human dimension that becomes impossible to ignore and that we can't sometimes get out of daily journalism. >> it's gripping and it's important, and these guys are important. and are american heroes in the truest sense. great to see you both. >> thanks, megyn. at the end of the day, this story is about the men who gave their lives for this country,
6:49 pm
brave men. up next, what the heros of benghazi have done to honor the fallen. ♪ when you have a digital notebook to capture investing ideas that instantly gives you stock prices, earnings, and dividends...
6:50 pm
an equity summary score that consolidates the stock ratings of top analysts into a single score... and $7.95 online u.s. equity trades, lower than td ameritrade, schwab, and e-trade, you realize the smartest investing idea isn't just what you invest in, but who you invest with. ♪ when emergency room doctors choose an otc pain reliever for their patients muscle, back and joint pain. the medicine in advil is their #1 choice. nothing is stronger on tough pain than advil. relief doesn't get any better than this. advil.
6:51 pm
6:52 pm
6:53 pm
the heroes of benghazi have stressed that the one of the real tragedies here in their view is that the loss of four americans seems to have been overshadowed by politics. knowing these men as we do now that selflessness is not surprising, but one of these heroes is taking things a step further, making it his mission now to provide for fellow private american contractors once the battle's over. trace gallagher has that. >> we welcome home for the final time ambassador chris stevens, mr. sean smith, mr. glenn doherty, and mr. tyrone woods. >> the men killed in the benghazi attacks came from different backgrounds, followed different paths but shared a common trait, a fierce
6:54 pm
commitment to their country and their mission. u.s. ambassador to libya chris stevens is described by friends and colleagues as a consummate professional known for his determination to learn and live the culture of the arab world. his dedication endeared him to local residents and endowd him an impressive and essential list of contents. >> he's known for walking the streets in the cities where he worked, tasting the local food, meeting as many people as he could. >> officer sean smith became a tech expert well known in the online gaming universe, the 34-year-old's death devastated his wife and two children and left his mother haunted by the unknown. >> i want to know what happened, why my son is dead, who ordered that, and i don't want it to happen again to other people. >> former navy s.e.a.l.s turned private contractors tyrone woods and glenn doherty were both known as fearless kids and heroic adults.
6:55 pm
woods left behind four children, doherty left family and friends who will always remember his unending loyalty. >> they gave the ultimate sacrifice. they died with honor. save those american lives and no one gets left behind. >> it isn't a slogan, it's a promise that ultimately led mark geist, who was wounded in the attack, to create shadow warriors, a group to support military contractors upon their return back home. that includes assistance with medical bills, ptsd treatment and other therapies. shadow warriors ultimate goal, to, quote, inspire hope by offering assistance to these warriors and their families who have walked through fire but continue to move forward. megyn. >> we'll be right back.
6:56 pm
6:57 pm
this just got interesting. why pause to take a pill? or stop to find a bathroom? cialis for daily use is approved to treat both erectile dysfunction and the urinary symptoms of bph, like needing to go frequently, day or night. tell your doctor about all your medical conditions and medicines, and ask if your heart is healthy enough for sex do not take cialis if you take nitrates for chest pain, or adempas for pulmonary hypertension, as it may cause an unsafe drop in blood pressure. do not drink alcohol in excess. side effects may include headache, upset stomach, delayed backache or muscle ache. to avoid long-term injury, get medical help right away for an erection lasting more than four hours. if you have any sudden decrease or loss in hearing or vision, or any symptoms of an allergic reaction, stop taking cialis and get medical help right away. ask your doctor about cialis and a $200 savings card
6:58 pm
[ woman ] thanks. the dealership reviews on cars.com made it easy, but... [ man ] we thought it might be a little more tense. you miss the drama? yeah. [ technician ] ask him whatever you want. okay. ♪ do you think my sister's prettier than me? ♪ [ laughs ] [ male announcer ] research, price, find. only cars.com helps you get the right car without all the drama.
6:59 pm
lots of viewers are wanting to do something for the benghazi heroes we spoke to. as trace reported oz started the
7:00 pm
shadow warriors project. it supports wounded american private contractors like these guys with their medical bills and other needs. and they could sure use your support. thank you for watching, everyone. i'm megyn kelly, this is "the kelly file." tonight -- >> this is a good day. >> republicans slam president obama's prisoner swap with iran. >> this deal is a really problematic deal. >> it's put a price on the head of every american abroad. >> this president lives in his own world. >> mike mccaul and former defense secretary robert gates are here tonight with reaction. then, with two weeks to go until iowa, donald trump and senator ted cruz unleash attacks on each other. >> he's a nasty guy. nobody likes him. nobody in congress likes him. >> for whatever reason donald doesn't react when he's going down in the polls. >> our political panel weighs in. and hillary clinton defends president obama's

119 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on